1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil,
2 cups thinly vertically sliced onion
2 cups (2-inch) slices asparagus
(about 1/2 pound)
1 tablespoon thinly sliced ready-touse sun-dried tomatoes
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 (8-ounce) portion fresh pizza dough
3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded fontina
1 1/2 teaspoons fresh oregano leaves
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black
How to Make It
Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over
medium-high heat. Add onion to pan; sauté 5 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 5 minutes or until
browned. Add asparagus to pan; cook 5 minutes or until
asparagus is crisp-tender. Stir in tomatoes and salt.
Roll dough into a 12-inch circle on a lightly floured
surface; brush each side of dough with 1/2 teaspoon
Place dough on a grill rack; grill 1 1/2 minutes or until
crust bubbles and is well marked. Reduce grill heat to
low; turn dough over. Arrange onion mixture over crust;
sprinkle evenly with cheese. Cover and grill over low heat 3 1/2 minutes or until cheese melts; remove pizza from grill. Sprinkle with oregano and black pepper.
- 1 thawed frozen pizza dough ball
- 1 c or so arabiatta sauce
- 6 slices bacon
- 3 Tbsp jalapeno jelly
- 2 thick sliced plum tomatoes
- 2 c arugula or spinach
- 1 c shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
Heat oven to 450.
Roll out dough, following directions on package. Transfer rolled out dough onto cooking pan lightly sprinkled with cornmeal. Pre-bake the dough for 5-8 minutes (otherwise dough tends to be soft in middle).
Cook bacon and chop it up, tossing to coat it with the jalapeno jelly. Slice tomatoes. Toss arugula with olive oil. Set all aside.
Pour the arrabiatta sauce onto the pre-cooked dough and spread around. Top sauce with cheese, tomatoes and jalapeno bacon.
Transfer the pizza back to the oven and cook for another 5-8 minutes until it is done to your liking.
Remove from oven and top with arugula.
Cut and serve.
1 pkg Pillsbury pizza dough
2 tsp olive oil
2 c thinly sliced shiitake mushroom caps
2 c sliced cremini mushrooms
1 ½ c sliced portobello mushrooms
2/3 c (about 2 ½ oz) grated fontina cheese, divided
2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
½ tsp truffle oil
¼ c grated fresh Parmesan cheese
¼ tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 475.
2. Heat 2 tsp olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add ¼ tsp salt and mushrooms and cook 7 minutes or until mushrooms soften and moisture almost evaporates, stirring frequently.
3. Sprinkle ¼ c fontina evenly over dough and arrange the mushroom mixture evenly over fontina. Sprinkle with thyme; drizzle evenly with truffle oil. Sprinkle remaining fontina and Parmesan cheese evenly over top. Bake at 475 for 15 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Remove to cutting board and sprinkle with salt. Cut into 8 slices. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
8 ounces sliced cremini mushrooms
1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
1 garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
1 (10-ounce) Italian cheese-flavored thin pizza crust (such as Boboli)
2 ounces prosciutto, cut into thin strips
1/3 cup (about 1 1/2 ounces) shredded fontina cheese
Preheat oven to 450°.
Heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add mushrooms and shallots to pan; sauté 7 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Add garlic and thyme; sauté 1 minute. Stir in vinegar; remove from heat.
Place crust on the bottom rack of oven. Bake at 450° for 4 minutes.
Place the crust on a baking sheet. Spread mushroom mixture evenly over crust; sprinkle evenly with prosciutto and fontina cheese. Bake at 450° for 6 minutes or until cheese melts.
Tips: For a crisp crust, bake the pizza crust on the lowest rack for a few minutes before adding the toppings. Presliced button mushrooms can substitute for the creminis.
6 servings – 7 points
1 Tbsp olive oil
½ c chopped onion
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 (6 oz) pkgs baby spinach
¾ c (3 oz) crumbled feta cheese
2/3 c golden raisins
3 Tbsp pine nuts, toasted
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 ½ tsp chopped fresh oregano
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground red pepper
1 (13.8 oz) can refrigerated pizza crust dough
1 Tbsp milk
1 Tbsp water
¼ c (1 oz) grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450.
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; saute 1 minute. Add half of spinach; cook 1 minute or until spinach wilts. Add remaining spinach cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until spinach wilts. Remove from heat; stir in feta and next 6 ingredients (through pepper).
3. Place dough on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; pat dough into a 15 x 12 inch rectangle. Spread spinach mixture lengthwise over half of dough, leaving a 1 inch border. Fold other half of dough over filling; press edges together with a fork. Cut 5 (1 inch) diagonal slits in top of dough.
4. Combine milk and water; brush evenly over dough. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 450 for 15 minutes or until golden. Yield: 6 servings.