- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint leaves (tarragon or basil are also good options)
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Steam green beans 4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
2. Combine mint and remaining ingredients in a large bowl, and stir with a whisk. Add green beans to bowl, and toss to coat.
Yield: serves 4 (1 cup)
Amount per serving
- Calories: 84
- Fat: 5.3g
- Protein: 2.2g
- Carbohydrate: 9.1g
- Fiber: 3.3g