- 1 slice smoked bacon, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cubed red potato (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sliced leeks (about 2)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated pie dough
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 1 large egg white
1. Preheat oven to 450°.
2. Cook bacon in a large Dutch oven over medium heat until almost crisp, stirring frequently. Increase heat to medium-high. Add potato and carrot to pan; sauté 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add chicken; sauté 3 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Stir in flour and next 3 ingredients (through pepper); sauté 1 minute, stirring frequently.
3. Slowly add broth to pan, stirring constantly; bring to a boil. Cook 2 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring occasionally. Spoon mixture into a 1 1/2-quart glass or ceramic baking dish. Top with dough, folding under and pressing down on edges to seal.
4. Combine milk and egg white; brush mixture over top of dough. Cut small slits in dough to vent. Bake at 450° for 30 minutes or until crust is golden. Let stand 10 minutes.
Yield: serves 6 (1 1/4 c)
- Calories: 298
- Fat: 11.9g
- Protein: 18g
- Carbohydrate: 31g
- Fiber: 2.2g