From Mediterranean Cooking by Pamela Clard
- 1 c couscous
- 3/4 c boiling water
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 c fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp + 1 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 c roasted unsalted shelled pistachios
- 1/2 c coarsely chopped mint
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 white fish fillets (6 oz each)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon cut into 8 wedges
To prepare couscous: in a medium heatproof bowl, combine couscous with 3/4 c boiling water, lemon zest and juice. Cover and let stand about 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed, fluffing with a fork occasionally.
Heat 2 tsp oil in a small skillet; cook onion and garlic, stirring until onion softens. Stir onion mixture, nuts, mint through couscous and season to taste.
To prepare the fish: combine flour, coriander, cumin, paprika and cayenne pepper in a medium bowl. Add fish and rub spice mixture all over it.
Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large skillet; cook fish in batches until browned and cooked as desired. Serve with coucous and wedges of lemon.