- 1 1/3 c flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/2 c butter, melted
- 1 3/4 c milk
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients.
- Separate the eggs, adding the yolks to the dry ingredient mixture and placing the whites in a small mixing bowl.
- Beat whites until moderately stiff; set aside.
- Add milk and melted butter to dry ingredient mixture and blend.
- Fold stiff egg whites into mixture.
- Ladle mixture into hot waffle iron and bake.
Yield: 6 servings (1 waffle)
- Calories 313
- Fat: 19.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 26.7 g
- Protein: 7.4 g