- ground chorizo (2 tubes of what is available at Byerlys)
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3 cup shredded queso asadero (white Mexican cheese)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) package round or square wonton wrappers
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
PREP: many mins COOK: 10 mins
1. Add chorizo to a hot skillet set over medium heat; cook, stirring, until cooked through. Set aside to cool.
2. In a large bowl, stir together ricotta, 2 c queso asadero, cilantro, garlic, cumin, and salt.
3. Combine cooked chorizo with cheese/spice mixture.
4. Place a teaspoonful of filling on a wonton wrapper. Dip a finger in water, and wet the top half edge of the wrapper. Fold in half, and pinch the edges to seal. Set aside, and continue filling and sealing the remaining wrappers.
5. Heat oil in a skillet at med-high heat and cook raviolis till brown on both sides. Serve topped with marinara sauce and remaining queso.