• 4 egg whites
• 1 tbsp. lemon juice, plus more for serving
• 4 c. lightly packed finely shredded Brussels sprouts (about 12 oz.) (used food processor on whole sprouts)
• 1 medium onion, finely chopped in processor
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 3/4 c. flour or chickpea flour
• Kosher salt and black pepper
• 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
• Flavorless oil, for frying
• Balsamic Dijon Yogurt (recipe follows)
In a large bowl, whisk together the egg whites and lemon juice. Add the Brussels sprouts, onion and garlic, and stir to combine. Stir in the flour, 3/4 teaspoon salt, a lot of turns of black pepper, and a few pinches of red pepper flakes.
In a large skillet, heat a thin layer of oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop about one-eighth of the Brussels sprout mixture into the pan, and use a spatula to pat it out into a pancake. Cook on both sides until browned, 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
Place on a plate lined with paper towels, sprinkle with salt and a squeeze of lemon, and serve with Balsamic Dijon Yogurt.
Balsamic Dijon Yogurt
Makes about 1 1/4 cups.
• 1 c. plain full-fat Greek yogurt
• 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
• 2 tbsp. honey
• 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
• 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
In a medium bowl, mix together the yogurt, mustard, honey, vinegar and salt.