Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 40 min
Ingredients (8 servings)
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 bunch kale
- 1/2 onion
- 6 oz bacon
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 7 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup italian cheese blend
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel and shred the sweet potato.
- Thinly slice kale and chop onion.
- Chop bacon.
- Heat large pan and spray with cooking spray or oil.
- Add onions and kale to pan. Saute for 5-8 minutes until kale has wilted.
- Set aside.
- Heat same pan and add bacon.
- Saute about 5 minutes until bacon is starting to brown.
- Remove and drain on paper towel.
- Combine sweet potato, kale and onion mixture, bacon and ricotta cheese together.
- Spread into bottom of 9×13 pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Pour over sweet potato mix.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until top is golden brown.
- Can also be made the night before, cover with foil and bake the next morning.