- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Cooking spray
- 2 (6-ounce) packages fresh baby spinach
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour (about 5 3/4 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
Preheat oven to 350°.
Pour the butter into the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray; tilt dish to coat. Place spinach evenly in bottom of dish; sprinkle evenly with cheeses.
Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk until blended. Pour milk mixture over cheese. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve immediately.
Yield: 12 servings