Yield: 8-10 servings
- 2 (15 1/2 oz.) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 c frozen yellow corn kernels
- 1 c diced red bell pepper
- 1/3 c finely diced sweet onion
- 1/2 lb. peeled steamed shrimp
- 1/3 c fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Pour the beans into a colander. Pour the still frozen corn on top of the beans and rinse well into cool tap water. Drain well. Pour the beans and corn into a 3 qt bowl. Add the red bell pepper and diced onion. Cut the shrimp into bite-size pieces and add to the bowl.
To make the dressing, drop the cilantro onto the moving blade of a blender or food processor. Add the vinegar, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Scrape down the sides, and, with the motor running on high, pour the oil through the feed tube in a slow drizzle, and blend until well incorporated.
Drizzle over the bean salad and toss to mix well. Serve at once or chill until ready to serve.
Calories: 159, Fat: 5, Fiber: 6