Yield: 4 servings (serving size: about 1 cup chicken mixture and 1 1/2 teaspoons peanuts)
· 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
· 4 cups broccoli florets
· 1 tablespoon ground fresh ginger (such as Spice World), divided
· 2 tablespoons water
· 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
· 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch strips
· 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
· 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
· 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
· 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
· 1 teaspoon cornstarch
· 4 garlic cloves, minced
· 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped salted peanuts
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add broccoli and 2 teaspoons ginger to pan; sauté 1 minute. Add water. Cover; cook 2 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Remove broccoli from pan; keep warm.
Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in pan; add remaining 1 teaspoon ginger, crushed red pepper, and chicken. Cook 4 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned, stirring frequently.
Combine broth and next 5 ingredients (through garlic) in a small bowl, and stir with a whisk. Add broth mixture to pan; cook 1 minute or until mixture thickens, stirring constantly. Return broccoli mixture to pan; toss to coat. Sprinkle with peanuts.
- Fiber: 3g