It is worth the points to make the cilantro cream!
- 2 center-cut bacon slices, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (about 1 small)
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can cumin-spiced black beans, undrained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can no-salt-added organic diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
Cook bacon in a large saucepan over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings in pan; set bacon aside. Add onion and celery to pan; cook 5 minutes or until celery is tender. Stir in 3/4 teaspoon cumin, chile powder, and garlic; cook 1 minute. Stir in bacon, pepper, beans, tomatoes, and broth; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Place half of bean mixture in a blender. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure blender lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid (to avoid splatters). Blend until smooth. Pour into a large bowl. Repeat procedure with remaining bean mixture; process until smooth. Keep warm.
Combine sour cream, cumin, cilantro, and lime juice in a small bowl. Drizzle cream over soup.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 cup soup and 1 1/2 tablespoons cream)
- CALORIES 123
- FAT 4.3g
- FIBER 5.1g